The Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF) Scientific Advisory Board has affirmed the following as its core values.
- Dedicated to a cure, improving the survival of, and enhancing the quality of life for lymphoma patients through research
- Focused on the importance of lymphoma research
- Committed to understanding the causes and prevention of lymphoma
- Devoted to the training of young investigators for lymphoma
- Transparency and inclusiveness in research and funding
- Patient communication and education, particularly regarding the value of clinical trials
- Recruiting the best scientists and best ideas for funding
Overall Research Goals
- Support training of young professionals in lymphoma.
- Bring together investigators focusing on specific diseases or other focal points, providing seed money and support leading to external funding and/or public private partnerships.
- Continue basic science research.
- Support translational research correlative to ongoing, high-quality clinical trials.
- Promote clinical trials in lymphoma, especially through patient education and recruitment to clinical trials.